What are the different types of tasks?
Spare5 has lots of different kinds of tasks available:
- Paid Tasks: Let’s call these Capital-T Tasks. We receive tasks from our business partners and distribute to you, our awesome Fives. Tagging, titling, rating, editing, annotating, reviewing...we’re constantly adding new partners and making new tasks available. We review all submitted tasks for quality, and as long as you take your time and do your best, we’ll keep assigning you new tasks.
- Qualifiers: Qualifiers test your ability to perform a task. You may need to take a Tutorial before you’re given access to the Qualifier, and we recommend carefully reading the instructions and trying any available Practice tasks beforehand. If you pass the qualifier, you’ll be given access to additional paid tasks of that type. If you do not pass the qualifier, you’ll get another chance after 48 hours.
- Tutorials and Training: Tutorials teach you how to do skilled tasks, like drawing boxes or writing descriptions. You’ll need to finish the tutorial to access that task’s qualifier, but keep in mind that your score doesn’t matter -- tutorials are all about learning how to do a task. You can take tutorials as many times as you’d like.
- Practice Tasks: Practice tasks give you more chances to learn a task and find out what we are expecting. Practice tasks are unpaid.
- Surveys: Surveys help us get to know you a little better. Most tasks are for everybody, but we have some targeted tasks, such as those only for women or people who can speak a certain language. Your surveys let us assign tasks that are the most suitable for you.
- Master Tasks: Master Tasks ask you to review and refine another Five’s tasks to fix any errors. You’ll check the quality of completed tasks, like a regular review. But you won’t just tell us if it’s right or wrong. You’ll also fix the task yourself to make it perfect. If you get one of these paid tasks, congrats! Master Tasks are only available to Fives with the most experience, strongest tasking history, and who continue to submit great tasks.